On Podcast #2 we discussed the pros/cons of driving vs flying. We also mentioned entertainment options for little ones on those long road trips (or even on the airplane!)
We pack a backpack for each kid with basically the same type of goodies-because you know when one sees something the other wants it!
Here are a few of our favorites:
(We have no relationship to any of the products or companies listed, just products we like!)
- Reusable Sticker books. The “reusable” part is key. These sets can be used over and over. Many of our sticker books have made repeat road trips.
- We have a large variety of the “Water Wow” kits. They are about $5.00 each and we have definitely got our money’s worth. They come with a mess free reusable water pen/brush.
- Color Wonder markers by Crayola are “magical”. They are “mess free”, as they only work on special Color Wonder paper.
- Lap Trays. These are great for road trips or on the couch at home. Zippered storage for crayons and markers on the side.
- Color by Sticker. The bad news? Not reusable. The good news? More engaging and can keep them busy for awhile. The one pictured below is a children’s version, but there are also more intricate adult ones available as well. A fun way to pass time on the road.More intricate designs: https://www.workman.com/products/paint-by-sticker
In addition, we always bring A Travel DVD player and lots of movies. We are possibly one of the only families without a tablet, but that is also a great option. We also bring plain old coloring books and crayon and Magnadoodles,, the classics never go out of style 🙂
What are some of your favorite travel toys/games (for the young and young at heart!)?